US Green Building Council
U.S. Green Building Council (LEED Program)
The U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) is a leading third party consensus for producing a new generation of buildings that deliver high performance inside and out, while minimizing environmental impact. The USGBC developed the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) program to provide a complete framework for assessing building performance and meeting sustainability goals. Based on well-founded scientific standards, LEED emphasizes state-of-the-art strategies for sustainable site development, water savings, energy efficiency, material selection and indoor environmental quality. NCL is a proud and active member of the USGBC.
LEED was created to:
- Define "green building" by establishing a common standard of measurement
- Promote integrated, whole-building design practices
- Recognize environmental leadership in the building industry
- Stimulate green competition
- Raise consumer awareness of green building benefits
- Transform the building market
- NCL products can help you in obtaining points toward an LEED certification.
For more information about the USGBC and LEED programs, visit www.usgbc.org.